The Certificate in the Foundations of Finance is great preparation for the CFA Level I exam, providing a solid foundation in the essentials of valuation of the standard asset classes.
To obtain the Certificate in the Foundations of Finance, students must complete the following five courses:
- Corporate Finance
- Adv. Financial Statement Analysis
- Fixed Income I
- Equity Valuation
- Derivatives I
Classes are held in conjunction with the Master of Science in Financial Analysis program at the University San Francisco Downtown campus. Each class meets once per week for four hours, making it possible to complete the certificate program in approximately five months (January to June). Students take three courses for the first eight week session and two courses in the second eight week session.
- Official Transcript(s) – An undergraduate degree is required. Upload copies of transcripts from each accredited college or university attended to the online application. If admitted to the program, instructions for sending official, sealed transcripts will be provided.
- Required Foundation Courses – Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Accounting, Probability and Statistics, Calculus courses, and knowledge of spreadsheet applications.
- Résumé – Submit a current résumé demonstrating relevant work experience.
- Letters of Recommendation – Two letters of recommendation are required. Enter the recommenders' email addresses directly into the online application for electronic submission. If the recommender must submit a hard copy letter by mail, please request that they complete this form to include with his/her letter.
- Statement of Purpose or Essay – A 500 to 1000 word essay about yourself, your background, and your short- and long-term professional goals is required. Please be sure to address why you have decided to pursue this certificate at the University of San Francisco. You may also want to include information about your family and personal interests.
||Tests Taken By
Applications received after the final deadline will be considered on a space-available basis.
Have questions? Please contact email@example.com to set up an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
Tuition estimate below is based on the 2014-2015 academic year. All tuition rates are subject to change.
|Tuition for 2014-2015
||Estimated Total Program Tuition
|Foundations of Finance