Part-Time Master of Nonprofit Administration
Achieve new heights in your career as you join your peers to problem solve, create and redefine the nonprofit landscape.
As part of the nation’s first graduate degree program in nonprofit administration, you continue USF’s tradition of ethical leadership and entrepreneurial creativity by learning the theoretical and practical skills needed to become a nonprofit leader.
Work alongside classmates who share your professional ideals and aspirations to make better communities and a better world. You can do all of this while enjoying the challenges of a rigorous academic curriculum and building strong collaborations and connections in the San Francisco Bay Area and abroad.
Degree Requirements & Program Learning Outcomes
About the Part-Time Master of Nonprofit Administration Degree
- A 24-month program; 36 units and 9 courses
- Weekday Evenings, typically two days a week 6–9 p.m
- Program designed for working professionals with evening classes offered at the USF downtown San Francisco campus and online
- Small, seminar-style classes in cohorts to foster experiential learning and enriched conversation
- Classes begin every fall semester (end of August) in San Francisco and online
- Wide range of scholarship and financial aid options
- The program is member of Nonprofit Academic Center Council (NACC), an international association comprised of accredited colleges and universities that focus on the study of nonprofit/nongovernmental organizations, voluntarism and/or philanthropy
Make an Impact on Youth from Here
"I’m able to see the bigger picture after completing the MNA. Now, I can keep changing, growing and developing the skills that I’m going to need in the future. The program helped me focus on where I want to be in the years to come."
Become a Nonprofit Leader from Here
"San Francisco has all the energy and vibrancy of a world-class metropolis, but is small enough that you can build a close-knit community. Walking down the street of my neighborhood feels like a small town with familiar, friendly faces all around"
Lead Social Justice from Here
"Being in the program has helped me to grow professionally, academically, and personally. My investment in the MNA has proven to be a good decision time and again. What I have learned has already assisted me in realizing incremental career goals."
Artistically Changing the World from Here
"The mentorship opportunities are the most enriching and I find that they create the community relationships that are the most helpful.”