MS in Financial Analysis
The MSFA program offers rigorous quantitative training with an emphasis on ethical behavior
|18-month program, 35 units over four consecutive semesters: fall, spring, summer and fall.|
|Meets three days per week|
|Prerequisites: Calculus, Accounting, Probability & Statistics, Micro & Macro Economics, Spreadsheets|
|Work experience not required|
|Students from around the world are welcome to apply for our programs.|
|Includes Student Managed Fund, Wall Street Prep® Valuation and possible CPT internship.|
|Wide range of scholarship and financial aid options|
USF MS in Financial Analysis
THERE IS NO CITY IN THE WORLD LIKE SAN FRANCISCO.
Transform your career in the SF Bay Area with the USF Master of Science in Financial Analysis.
Designed for recent graduates and students in the early stages of their careers, the full-time MSFA is an 18-month program, which includes a Research Practicum or Academic Immersion.
The USF Financial Analysis program curriculum covers the body of knowledge deemed necessary for the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation exams.
The Full-Time MS Financial Analysis degree is designated as a STEM program (science, technology, engineering, and math). Eligible international students may apply to work in the United States for additional time via the Optional Practical Training (OPT) benefit and OPT STEM extension.
The University of San Francisco has a rich tradition of leadership in ethics and values-based learning, empowering students to achieve goals to truly “Change the World from Here.”
CFA Institute Affiliated University
The USF Financial Analysis program is a designated Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute Affiliated University, representing the CFA internationally recognized standard of excellence in investment management.
USF Master of Science in Financial Analysis Program Overview
- Taught by USF Finance faculty and CFA-credentialed practitioners who are experts in their area.
- USF’s Master of Science in Financial Analysis program is a CFA Institute University Affiliate.
- The USF MSFA required courses include Micro & Macroeconomics, Equity and Fixed-Income Valuation, Derivatives, Portfolio Management, Alternative Investments, and Ethics and Finance. The program also enhances real-world uses of several spreadsheet applications.
- STEM-Designated (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- Accredited by the AACSB, the highest standard of achievement held only by 5 percent of business schools worldwide.