USF Master of Science in Financial Analysis
The MSFA program offers rigorous quantitative training with an emphasis on ethical behavior in two formats
|Full-TimE MSFA||Hybrid Online / Live MSFA|
|18-month program||22-month program|
|Weekdays||Saturdays face to face and online|
|Prerequisites: Calculus, Accounting, Probability & Statistics, Micro & Macro Economics, Spreadsheets||Prerequisites: Calculus, Accounting, Probability & Statistics, Micro & Macro Economics, Spreadsheets|
|Work experience not required||Two years work experience preferred|
|GRE/GMAT Required||Not required, GRE/GMAT|
|Students from around the world are welcome to our full-time programs.||We are unable to admit F-1 seeking international applicants to our part-time programs.|
|Available fall and spring terms||Available fall term|
|FULL-TIME MSFA||HYBRID ONLINE / LIVE MSFA|
USF MS in Financial Analysis
Designed for recent graduates and students in the early stages of their careers, the full-time MSFA is an 18-month program, which includes a Research Practicum or Academic Immersion. The part-time MSFA degree is a 22-month program with both online and face-to-face classes, designed for the working professional.
The USF Financial Analysis program curriculum covers the body of knowledge deemed necessary for the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation exams.
As a STEM program (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) our MSFA offers a blend of disciplines in science, technology, engineering and mathematics with business and finance. According to a report by the U.S. Department of Commerce, people who hold a degree in a STEM field earn a higher salary on average than those who do not, even if the degree holder is not employed in a STEM field.
The University of San Francisco has a rich tradition of leadership in ethics and values-based learning, empowering students to achieve goals to truly “Change the World from Here.”
CFA Institute Affiliated University
The USF Financial Analysis program is a designated Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute Affiliated University, representing the CFA internationally recognized standard of excellence in investment management.
USF Master of Science in Financial Analysis Program Overview
- Taught by USF Finance faculty and CFA-credentialed practitioners who are experts in their area.
- USF’s Master of Science in Financial Analysis program is a CFA Institute University Affiliate.
- The USF MSFA required courses include Micro & Macroeconomics, Equity and Fixed-Income Valuation, Derivatives, Portfolio Management, Alternative Investments, and Ethics and Finance. The programs also enhance real-world uses of several spreadsheet applications.
- STEM Designated (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)
- Accredited by the AACSB, the highest standard of achievement held only by 5 percent of business schools worldwide.