The University of San Francisco is excited to offer a number of STEM-designated (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) graduate programs that meet a variety of professional needs.
Our offerings range from single degree programs like MS in Financial Analysis to dual degree programs like MBA/MS Environmental Management. Each of our programs keep in mind market needs and long-term professional development. With a STEM-designated degree, you will be well positioned to forge a career in roles that require data-driven decision making and the ability to lead technical teams.
STEM Degree Programs
USF School of Management offers several STEM-designated graduate programs.
Benefits of a STEM-Designated Degree
- Demand for talent with technical proficiency in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond is greater than it’s ever been. STEM degrees prepare students for roles in tech-driven environments.
- Employers seek candidates who are capable of navigating complicated business problems using data. The STEM degrees provide students the skills to capture and interpret data effectively and to communicate solutions with authority.
- STEM graduates are afforded 36 months of OPT (Optional Practical Training). This extension of an additional 24 months of OPT means that potential employers do not need to sponsor you with an H1B Visa for up to three years. The main obstacle to employment in the US is removed with a STEM degree.
Are you a good fit for a STEM MBA program?
- STEM degrees are more technical in nature. Students should be proficient in and comfortable with quantitative coursework.
- If you do not have a quantitative or technical background, you may still be a good fit for a STEM degree. However, to ensure success, you should consider taking courses in areas like Calculus or Statistics prior to enrolling in a STEM degree.
- In order to maximize the benefit of the STEM degree, you will need to pursue career opportunities in STEM-related fields. If this does not align with your career goals, then the STEM degree may not be a good fit for you.