USF School of Management Graduate Programs
Application requirements vary slightly by program. Please be sure to read through all requirements carefully.
- Transcript(s) — Copies of your transcripts from each accredited college or university attended must be uploaded to the online application. Once admitted to the program, instructions for sending official, sealed transcripts will be provided. The minimum graduate admission requirement includes a bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent from an accredited institution prior to enrollment.
- Résumé — Your current résumé or CV can list and describe your educational history, work or job history, coursework related to the graduate program to which you are applying, and any experiences relevant to your pursuit of graduate studies - including internships, published articles or other published materials, volunteer and/or community service experience, study or work outside of your home country, and any other interests or activities related to your graduate program.
- Letters of Recommendation — Two letters of recommendation are required. Applicants to all programs should submit at least one letter from a professional contact, if possible. Ideally, one or both of your professional recommendations will come from a current or former direct supervisor. Academic recommendations are also appreciated for current undergraduates.
If your recommender(s) use a hard copy letter by mail, please request that s/he complete this form to include with her/his letter.
- Statement of Purpose or Essay — A 1000 word essay is required and must be uploaded in the online application Please address the following questions in a single document:
- What are your short and long-term professional goals and how will this degree help you achieve those goals?
- Why have you chosen this degree and who or what experience influenced you to apply?
- Why USF?
- Self-Evaluation (Optional) — Use this essay to evaluate your leadership and management skills, capabilities, and talents as they stand today. What would your colleagues/classmates say about you as a leader? What areas do you feel you could further develop?
- Additional Information (Optional) — Use this essay to share any additional information you would like us to consider as part of your application, for example: gaps in employment, academic issues (probation, dismissal, failing grades, standardized test performance), etc.
- Interview – review requirements vary by program. All interviews are by invitation only. As such, should you be selected to interview, an invitation will be sent to the email account associated with your online application and include all necessary details.
- Scholarship Statement (Optional) — The USF School of Management offers general merit and special interest scholarships. Review available scholarships and use this essay to explain your eligibility and/or qualifications for one or more of these scholarships.
Program Specific Requirements
Test Scores: GMAT or GRE
If you submit test scores, you must upload a copy of your score and request that an official score report be sent to USF.
The chart below explains which graduate programs require the GMAT/GRE and corresponding school codes. If your program does not require a test score, you may still submit the score report if you choose to do so.
||GMAT Code: 91M-7L-48
GRE Code: 4850
||GMAT Code: 91M-7L-38
GRE Code: 4850
|Full-Time Financial Analysis
||GMAT Code: 91M-7L-93
GRE Code: 4850
The GMAT/GRE requirement may be waived for the Executive MBA program. Application requirements also include the Self Evaluation essay and an Employer Agreement for Program Participation.
MS in Financial Analysis Foundation Courses
The following courses must be completed prior to enrollment in the MSFA program: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Accounting, Probability and Statistics, Calculus courses, and knowledge of spreadsheet applications.
Global Entrepreneurial Management Passport Upload
If you hold a valid passport, please upload a copy to your online application. If you do not currently have a passport, you are welcome to apply to the MGEM program and are encouraged to apply for a passport as soon as possible.
International applicants need to provide additional items.
International Applicant Instructions
Undocumented and DACA Approved Applicants
The University of San Francisco considers applications for graduate programs, regardless of citizenship status, based upon academic merit and achievement. Please visit the Undocumented Students page for more resources or contact the Office of Graduate Admissions for questions about the School of Management programs or application.
Previously enrolled applicants hoping to reapply need to provide alternate items.
Readmission Applicant Instructions
Transfer applicants must submit a complete application and meet all program specific requirements.