Professor Manzanetti is a lawyer currently providing legal services to survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking. He is the former director of legal services for the Sacramento Regional Family Justice Center, a nonprofit providing comprehensive social and legal services to survivors of domestic abuse.
Retired from California’s Department of Managed Health Care, where he was the chief counsel for the Office of Enforcement and senior counsel in the department’s Help Center Office of Legal Affairs and Policy Development, Professor Manzanetti was also the principal author of the department’s brief before the California Supreme Court in Hailey v Blue Shield. The verdict struck down the pernicious practice of post-claim underwriting – retroactive rescission and saw California become a national leader, with the ACA following suit and making retroactive rescission illegal as a matter of federal law.
Professor Manzanetti was the first city attorney of Elk Grove, and a partner in the Sacramento firm of Kronick, Moskovitz, Tiedemann & Girard.
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D. 1984
- University of Northern Colorado, BA, Philosophy, 1977
- Adjunct Professor in Public Policy/Administration, McGeorge School of Law
- Chief of Enforcement, California Department of Managed Healthcare
- City Attorney, City of Elk Grove