Dr. Stephan Sorger is an award-winning adjunct faculty member serving several major universities, the author of analytics-related business textbooks, and a part-time consultant for a strategic consultancy firm. Dr. Sorger has more than 30 years of product management, finance, and engineering experience. His experience includes leadership and hands-on roles at several leading companies, such as Oracle, 3Com, and NASA.
Dr. Sorger has developed and delivered university courses on a variety of subjects, such as Brand Management, Consumer Behavior, Data Science, Information Systems, Introduction to Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Marketing Fundamentals, Marketing Planning, Marketing Principles, Marketing Research, New Product Development, Operations and Supply Chain, and Pricing Strategy.
- Golden Gate University, Doctor of Business Administration, 2022
- USC, MBA in Finance and Technology Management
- USC, MS in Electrical Engineering
- USC, MS in Aerospace Engineering
- Cal Poly State University in San Luis Obispo, BS in Mechanical Engineering with minor in Electrical
- Partner, On Demand Advisors; 2009 - Present
- Advisory Board, UC Berkeley Extension, 2013
- Senior Director, Product Marketing, Selectica; 2008 - 2009
- Director of Product Strategy, SAP; 2004 - 2006
- Director of Product Marketing, Oracle; 2001 - 2003
- Director of Product Management, 3Com; 2000 - 2001
Awards & Distinctions
Honored Instructor, University of California, Berkeley, California; San Francisco Extension.
Sorger, S. (2013). "Marketing Analytics: Strategic Models and Metrics." Amazon.
Sorger, S. (2013). "Price Analytics: Strategy, Tactics, and Execution." Amazon.
Sorger, S. (2012). "Marketing Planning: Where Strategy Meets Action." Pearson Prentice-Hall.