Stephan Sorger is an award-winning serial marketing executive, an adjunct faculty member of several major universities, the author of multiple marketing textbooks, a popular speaker on marketing topics, and a member of several advisory boards.
Mr. Sorger has more than 30 years of marketing, entrepreneurship, finance, and product development experience. His experience includes leadership and hands-on roles at several leading companies, such as Oracle, 3Com, and NASA.
Mr. Sorger is also an award-winning instructor, creating and delivering courses on several subjects, including Brand Management, Consumer Behavior, Data Science, Information Systems, Introduction to Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Marketing Fundamentals, Marketing Planning, Marketing Principles, Marketing Research, New Product Development, Operations and Supply Chain, and Pricing Strategy.
- MBA, Finance and Technology Management; USC, Los Angeles, California
- MS, Electrical Engineering; USC, Los Angeles, California
- MS, Aerospace Engineering; USC, Los Angeles, California
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, with minor in Electrical, Cal Poly State University, San Luis Obispo, California
- Partner, On Demand Advisors; 2009 - Present
- Advisory Board, UC Berkeley Extension, 2013
- Senior Director, Product Marketing, Selectica; 2008 - 2009
- Director of Product Strategy, SAP; 2004 - 2006
- Director of Product Marketing, Oracle; 2001 - 2003
- Director of Product Management, 3Com; 2000 - 2001
- Selected Publications
Sorger, Stephan. "Marketing Planning: Where Strategy Meets Action." Pearson Prentice-Hall. 2012.
Sorger, Stephan. "Marketing Analytics: Strategic Models and Metrics." Admiral Press/ Createspace. 2013.
- Awards & Distinctions
Honored Instructor, University of California, Berkeley, California; San Francisco Extension.