Mouwafac Sidaoui, Department Chair and Professor of Business Analytics and Information Systems, is a greatly respected teacher of quantitative analysis, decision modeling and algebra/statistics for business, renowned for his expertise in entrepreneurship around the world, particularly in the Middle East. He strives to teach his students how to approach the concepts of strategic thinking and analysis of global business from more dynamic and socially conscious vantage points.
Sidaoui makes every effort to bridge the gap between theory and practice for his students, to help them understand business challenges and opportunities around the world, while also developing a more global perspective. As former Director of the joint Master of Global Entrepreneurial Management program, a one-year program where students study at leading Jesuit universities in Barcelona, Taipei, and San Francisco, Sidaoui introduced students to the business culture of each of these thriving and vastly different cities. In addition, Sidaoui has been actively involved in USF's Academic Global Immersion program to the Middle East and Turkey since 2009. He teaches a group of graduate or undergraduate students biannually and immerses them in local culture, businesses, organizations and academic institutions.
Prior to pursuing teaching, Professor Sidaoui enjoyed a successful career as an Executive in Silicon Valley, working with companies such as Cirrus Logic, Hewlett Packard, IDT, and S1. Within this executive role, Sidaoui focused on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, allowing him to develop curriculums and online solutions for clients around the globe.
- Department Chair, Business Analytics and Information Systems
- Post Doctorate, Finance & Accounting (with an emphasis on Business Analytics), Hough Graduate School of Business, University of Florida, FL, 2011
- EdD, Education, Academic Global Leadership, University of San Francisco, CA, 2007
- MBA, emphasis in Innovation Technology, Boston University, MA, 1991
- BS, Technical Management, Wentworth Institute of Technology, MA, 1991
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Wentworth Institute of Technology, MA, 1990
- AA, Associate Degree in Mechanical Design (minor in Mathematics), Wentworth Institute of Technology, MA, 1988
- Minor in Mathematics, Wentworth Institute of Technology, MA, 1988
- Awards & Distinctions
Distinguished Teacher Award, Innovation in Teaching With Technology, USF, 2009
Delegate at Education Without Borders, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 2009 and 2013
Outstanding Service Award, Business Mathematics, Art Institute of California San Francisco, 2007
Outstanding Doctoral Student Awards, USF School of Education, 2007
Outstanding Hydraulic Award, Wentworth Institute of Technology, 1989
Chair of Business Analytics and Information Systems, 2013–present
Program Director, Master of Global Entrepreneurial Management (MGEM), 2009–13
Co-Founder, Research Symposium for Doctoral and Masters students, USF, 2005–07