Adjunct professor Martha Oestreich is a seasoned development professional with over 22 years of experience in leadership roles within the nonprofit sector.
She has served as the director of development in a variety of organizations such as City Year San Antonio, Sunshine Cottage School for Deaf Children, Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, and Los Angeles Youth Network. Oestreich also has experience as the director of advancement for the Church Divinity School of the Pacific, and as the executive director of development for the University of Texas at Austin’s Division of Diversity. She currently is the Campaign Director at Global Fund for Women.
Oestreich specializes in capacity building, creating development strategies, systems and infrastructure, and establishing comprehensive development programs for nonprofit organizations.
- Executive MBA, University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- MA, St. Mary’s University, San Antonio, TX
- BA, Texas Lutheran University, Seguin, TX
- Executive Director of Development, University of Texas at Austin - Division of Diversity
- Director of Development, Los Angeles Youth Network
- Chair of the Board, Equality Texas/Equality Texas Foundation, Austin, TX, 2007–2010
- Board Vice Chair, Equality Texas/Equality Texas Foundation, Austin, TX, 2006–2007
- Board Vice Chair, Academy for Creative Education, San Antonio, TX 2001–2002
- Board Secretary, Association of Fundraising Professionals, San Antonio, TX, 1999–2001
Awards & Distinctions
Large Group Dialogue Facilitation Methods, Society for Organizational Learning, Budapest, Hungary, 2009
Nonprofit Management Certification, University of Texas at San Antonio, 2000