John O’Meara is a recognized industry expert in marketing, having earned numerous national and international awards in advertising, branding, and design. Throughout his career, he has helped build many of the world’s best-known brands for companies such as Nestle, Hilton, Honda, Chevron, MGM, Adobe and PepsiCo.
O’Meara worked as a senior executive for Y&R Advertising, Landor Associates, and Anthem Worldwide for 30 years prior to becoming a full-time professor at USF’s School of Management where he teaches the next generation of marketing leaders.
When not in the classroom, John spends his time consulting to mid-sized corporations and non-profit organizations as Managing Partner for New Growth Consulting, LLC.
- Director, Strategic Initiatives, School of Management
- M.B.A., emphasis on Marketing and Finance, Anderson School of Management, University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA)
- B.S., Magna Cum Laude, University of San Francisco, CA
- Founder and Principal, New Growth Consulting, L.L.C., San Rafael, CA, 2010 – present
- Managing Director, Anthem Worldwide, San Francisco, CA, 2007 – 2010
- Executive Director and Global Client Leader, Landor Associates / WPP, San Francisco, CA, 2001 – 2007
- Awards & Distinctions
American Graphic Design Award, 2007
Annual Creativity Award, 2007
AIGA Award, 2007
Effie Gold Award, 1993, 1996
London International Advertising Award, 1st place, 1995