To fulfill the City and University requirements for becoming an FYIT tutor, please note that all FYIT tutors must complete the following steps before becoming eligible to work:
FYIT is currently hiring for the 2014-15 academic year. Please fill out an application on this website.
1. I-9 Form. If you have not worked on campus before you will need to fill out an I-9 form at One Stop (LM 251).
2. Work Clearance Form. After completing the I-9 form, you will need to submit your Work Clearance Form to the FYIT Graduate Assistant. Returning Tutors can go here to get an emailed Work Clearance Form. Students who qualify for federal work study funds will receive a Work Clearance Form from One Stop in a pdf format. This form can then be forwarded to FYIT@usfca.edu. Non-work study students can retrieve their Work Clearance Form at the One Stop and deliver it to the Learning & Writing Center in Cowell 215.
3. Livescan/Fingerprinting. Every tutor working in the San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) must be fingerprinted at the SFUSD office and only through SFUSD at the beginning of every academic year. To do this, please do the following:
• Call Eva Bel Monte-Pon from San Francisco Unified at 415-241-6101 ext. 3251 to set up an individual Livescan appointment. Your appointment will be located at:
SFUSD Human Resources
555 Franklin Street,
San Francisco, CA 94012
• Arrive 20 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time with the following items:
a. A valid, government-issued photo ID, such as a license or passport.
b. Social Security Number.
c. Money Order for $49 (they do not accept cash or credit card).
• Call back in 4 business days to receive results of the Livescan.
• Cost is $49.00, you will be reimbursed if you are hired by returning results and receipt to the Learning & Writing Center in Cowell 215.
4. TB Test. The SFUSD requires a TB test every three years. If you have results of a current TB test (completed within the last 3 years), you may fax it to the Learning & Writing Center at (415) 422-2194. If you need a TB test, please do the following:
• Call the USF Student Health Clinic at (415) 750-4980 to make an appointment.
• After your test, return to the Clinic in three days to have the test read. Note: tests will not be read on the weekend.
• The test will cost $33.00- students cannot be reimbursed for this cost.