Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Delivering a comprehensive overview of the world's research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities, Scopus features smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research.
Comprehensive: Scopus has twice as many titles and over 30% more publishers listed than any other A&I database, with interdisciplinary content that covers the research spectrum. Timely updates from thousands of peer-reviewed journals, preliminary findings from millions of conference papers, and the thorough analysis in an expanding collection of books ensure you have the most up-to-date and highest quality interdisciplinary content available.
Frequently updated: Never miss out on what's new in your field. Scopus is the only leading database that is updated daily rather than just weekly.
More than 57 million records in Scopus
- Over 21,000 titles from more than 5,000 international publishers (see the journal title list)
- More than 21,000 peer-reviewed journals, including 2,900 gold open access journals
- Over 359 trade publications
- Articles-in-press (i.e., articles that have been accepted for publication) from more than 5,000 journals and publishers, including Cambridge University Press, the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Nature Publishing Group, Springer, Wiley-Blackwell and, of course, Elsevier
- Plus, more than 506 book series
6.8 million conference papers from over 83,000 worldwide events
- High energy physics from the inSPIRE database
- Computer science conferences and workshops from DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Society meetings including the IEEE, American Chemical Society (ACS), Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS), American Geophysical Union (AGU), European Society of Cardiology (ESC), International Society for Chemotherapy (ISC), American Society for Information Security (ASIS), Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (JSME), and many more
27 million patents from five patent offices
- US Patent & Trademark Office
- European Patent Office
- Japan Patent Office
- World Intellectual Property Organization
- UK Intellectual Property Office