Group Code: RWUSanFrancisco
RefWorks allows users to create personal databases and use them for a variety of research activities. References are quickly and easily imported from text files or online databases. The databases can then be used to manage, store, and share the information. Users can automatically insert references from their database into their papers and generate formatted bibliographies and manuscripts in seconds.
RefWorks allows you to:
- Organize and create a personal database online – no more index cards to write out and organize. Everything is done automatically as you import the reference into RefWorks.
- Format bibliographies and manuscripts in seconds – this saves hours of typing time and decreases the number of errors in creating tedious bibliographies. Easily make changes to your paper and reformat in seconds.
- Import references from a variety of databases using the already created Import Filters.
- Manage Alerts – RefWorks has incorporated a RSS feed reader to allow you to establish links to your favorite RSS feeds and import data from those feeds directly into RefWorks.
- Searching your RefWorks database is fast and easy – RefWorks automatically creates author, descriptor and periodical indexes when importing so you just click on the word to perform the retrieval. Use Quick Search to search all fields for the most comprehensive results or Advanced Search to narrow your search to specific terms and fields.
Why an Internet-based solution?
- Program is available from anywhere. Authorized users may access the program from anywhere at anytime - no extra charge or tracking hassles.
- Unlimited site-wide access. RefWorks is instantly available institute wide - no downloading or installation is needed. Easy to deliver, maintain and support!
- Upgrades Included. All upgrades are included in the subscription price: no extra charge for new features.
- Program can be used across multiple platforms. As a web-based product, RefWorks is available to users across various platforms including Windows, Mac, Unix etc. Click here for more compatibility information.
- Instant upgrades. The latest upgrades are loaded on the RefWorks server; all users automatically have access to the most recent version.