Oxford Dictionaries offers Oxford's high-quality bilingual language reference content in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.
This innovative website features essential language resources - fully searchable, completely comprehensive bilingual dictionaries, and unique study materials that provide extra help with learning and using an expanding range of languages.
What can you do with Oxford Dictionaries?
- Search Oxford's authoritative bilingual dictionaries to get accurate, up-to-date translations you can rely on
- Choose the right word or phrase using contextual clues and examples
- Listen to pronunciation to hear how words sound
- Use quick search box on every page to find translations fast
- Use advanced search options to search the full text of the dictionary, or restrict a search to specific parts of speech, subject area, or language register, and perform Boolean searches
- Browse the dictionary using alphabetical entry lists
- Find a list of other entries that have your search term somewhere in them
- Click from any word in an entry to look up that word in the dictionary
- Get click-through explanations of phonetic symbols and mouse-over explanations of parts of speech
- Insert accented characters (or letters from a different alphabet) using a handy virtual keyboard
- Insert Chinese characters using a helpful pop-up Radical and Character Index
- If you can't find an exact match, the "Did you mean" feature can help you find the entry you're looking for
- Print, email, cite, or link all entries
- Find a multitude of language learning and usage tools and resources
- Get access to hundreds of correspondence templates including sample letters, emails, and CVs and résumés to provide practical help with writing
- And much more