If you are designated by USF HR as a USF Faculty member, and you would like to check out a book that we own without coming to the library, you may request that we deliver your book to a department mail stop on the San Francisco Campus.
If you teach at one of USF's other campus locatons, please choose "Distance" as your department mail stop, and click here for more for information about our Document Delivery service. You are eligible for additional delivery and return services for Ignacio, Link+ and other materials.
What is this service?
Library staff will retrieve books from the stacks at Gleeson Library | Geschke Center, check them out to your library account, and have the books delivered to your campus department mail stop. If you would rather have the book you are requesting held at Gleeson Library for you to pick up, please use our paging service.
Who can use this service?
Any USF Faculty member whose library account is in good standing (no overdue recalls, fines, etc.) can use this service. You must be designated as Faculty by USF Human Resources. At this time, proxies cannot request deliveries for faculty members.
When, and how, can I place a Gleeson Delivers request?
You can place a request online at any time by using the "Request" button located in the top portion of a book’s record in Ignacio, the library’s catalog. See step-by-step instructions below.
What library materials can I request for delivery?
You can place a Gleeson Delivers request on most Gleeson Library | Geschke Center books.
Sorry we cannot deliver videos, DVDs, or cassette tapes, journals and periodicals, AMCA, Gleeson Reference Annex, Jesuit Community Library, Chinese Library, Reference, Special Collections, Rare Book Room, Reserves, or Law items, and/or other non-circulating books (i.e.: books whose status reads "On Search," "Missing," or "Bindery.")
Please note, the Gleeson Delivers service cannot deliver Link+ or Interlibrary Loan materials. You will need to come to the library to check out books you order from other libraries.
What if the book is checked out?
Click the Request button! We will recall the book and send it to you once it is returned.
You may also be able order books that are checked out or unavailable at our library via the library’s Link+ service, but we cannot deliver Link+ books. You will need to come to the library to pick these books up.
How many books can I request at one time?
You may request any number of books, but please be aware that requests with large numbers of books may require more time for processing and delivery.
What happens when my request is submitted?
By the next business day, Circulation staff will locate the requested book in our stacks. Once the book is retrieved, we will check out the book to you, package the book for delivery via USF Campus Mail, and send it to the department mail stop you selected.
Business days are defined as Mondays-Fridays, and exclude weekends and USF holidays.
How will you notify me when my books are ready?
We will send you an email when your delivery request has been processed by the library. Once you receive this email, please allow three business days for campus mail delivery. We will also notify you if your request is cancelled. Requests may be cancelled by library staff for a variety of reasons, not limited to: the book is being repaired or is missing, the book cannot be checked out to you, or the book has been placed on reserves. View your library record to make sure the email we have on file for you is correct.
How do I return books?
You may return books by bringing them back to the library, depositing them in the library’s outside book drop, or sending them back to us via campus mail. Please note, books returned via campus mail will not be signed for or tracked on their way back to the library. When your package is signed for upon delivery, the library relinquishes responsibility for the books enclosed. It is your responsibility to see that books are returned to us on time.
What if I do not receive the books that I requested?
Please let us know! If you do not receive your delivery request within three business days, please call the Access Services Department at 415-422-2662.
Questions? Problems? Please contact Access Services at email@example.com or call us at 415-422-2662.
- Click the "Request" button at the top of the book’s record in Ignacio.
- Enter your myUSF login and click 'Submit."
- Make sure the “Mail” button is filled in. From the drop-down menu, choose your campus department mail stop. If you teach at one of USF's other campus locations, please choose "Distance" as your department mail stop and click here for more for information about our Document Delivery service. You are eligible for additional delivery and return services for Ignacio, Link+ and other materials. Entering a “Cancel if not filled by” date is optional. Click Submit. Remember, mail delivery takes approximately three business days. If you would rather have the book you are requesting held at Gleeson Library for you to pick up, make sure the "Pickup Location" button is filled in and the "Ship to" box is set to "Gleeson Circulation Desk."
- You should receive a confirmation on screen.
- We will send you an email when your delivery request has been processed by the library. Once you receive this email, please allow three business days for campus mail delivery. Business days are defined as Mondays-Fridays, and exclude weekends and USF holidays.