GPO’s Federal Digital System (FDsys) provides free online access to official publications from all three branches of the Federal Government.
Through FDsys, you are able to:
- Search for documents and publications — FDsys provides advanced search capabilities and the ability to refine and narrow your search for quick access to the information you need.
- Browse for documents and publications — FDsys offers browsing by collection, Congressional committee, date, and Government author.
- Access metadata about documents and publications — FDsys provides information about Government publications in standard XML formats.
- Download documents and publications in multiple renditions or file formats — With FDsys, users can download a single file or download content and metadata packaged together in a compressed file.
- A Content Management System
FDsys provides free online access to official Federal Government publications and securely controls digital content throughout its lifecycle to ensure content integrity and authenticity.
- A Preservation Repository
The repository guarantees long-term preservation and access to digital Government content. To meet this critical need for permanent access to Federal Government information, FDsys follows archival system standards.
- An Advanced Search Engine
FDsys combines modern search technology with extensive metadata creation to ensure the highest quality search experience.
Discover the benefits of FDsys:
- Access is free.
- About 50 different collections of Federal Government information are available.
- FDsys is easy to use.
- FDsys offers authentic, digitally signed PDF documents.
- Information is preserved for permanent public access.
- Search multiple publications at once.
- Conduct complex searches.
- Narrow, sort, and filter search results.
- Access documents in multiple file formats.
- Access metadata in standard XML formats.
- Browse by collection, Congressional committee, date, and Government author.
- Utilize a searchable online help system.