Digital Publishing Services
Electronic Submission of Theses, Dissertations and Projects (ETD)
Effective August 1, 2014, the Gleeson Library will no longer accept print copies of theses and dissertations.
The library will:
- Support electronic submissions through the USF Scholarship Repository.
- Help departments/programs not currently submitting theses/dissertations/projects to the library set up electronic submission to the USF Scholarship Repository (see sample Submission Guide and Agreement Form below).
- Strongly advise all theses/dissertations/projects be made open access, but provide embargo options and levels of access control for those pending publication or are confidential in nature.
- Continue to scan existing paper copies of past USF theses and dissertations and make them available electronically to the USF community.
- Scan paper copies of past USF theses and dissertations in the library’s holding on demand and make the resulting electronic copy available to the USF community.
Information and Forms
Where to find USF theses and dissertations
For theses and dissertations completed before 2011, please search the library catalog.
For theses and dissertations completed during and after 2011, please check the "Theses and Dissertations" section of the USF Scholarship Repository.
Online Journal Publishing
Gleeson Library provides digital journal publishing services through the licensing of Digital Commons software, a professional-grade peer-review/editorial management system. A couple of USF faculty produced new journals are currently in the making. Please check back in few months to see them live.
To learn more about journal publishing and view examples, please visit the bepress journals site.
Conferences and Events Management
Gleeson Library provides campus conferences/events management through Digital Commons software. Conference/event organizer can easily manage electronic paper submission, peer review, acceptance, permissions, and publication. They can post the event schedule and the embedded registration directly on the conference site. Papers can be collected into proceedings series that are fully indexed and discoverable in search engines, disseminated to readers via email and RSS, and integrated with the hosting department’s site on the repository. Multimedia options are also available.
To learn more about conferences and events management and view examples, please visit the bepress conferences site.
Other Digital Publishing & Digitization Services
The library also supports digitizing and making current USF print publications available online. We have digitized and hosted online USF student anthologies, journals, bulletins, etc. for various campus units and USF affiliates. We would be happy to explore and consult on options and solutions for your digital publishing and/or digitization needs.
For questions regarding any of the Digital Publishing Services, please contact Digital Collections Librarian, Jessica Lu (email@example.com) (415) 422-5674.