Professor Emeritus William W. Bassett, who was scholar in residence at the Monumenta Germaniae Historica in Munich, is the author of many articles and books on property, legal history, and ecclesiastical law. His book Religious Organizations and the Law (Thomson West, 2005–2009) was supported by a major grant from the Lilly Foundation.
- AB, St. Mary of the Lake College
- MA, St. Mary of the Lake College
- STL, St. Mary of the Lake College
- JCD, Gregorian University
- JD, Catholic University of America
- Religion and the Law
- Bassett on California Community Property Law ( Thomson Reuters , 2018) ) Read more