IP & Tech Law Program
USF's Intellectual Property and Technology Law program provides a thorough exposure to American, international, and comparative intellectual property law.
Why join us?
- Study in the heart of San Francisco, minutes from the Civic Center, where LLM students attend hearings at the California Supreme Court
- Get hands-on training through externships in Bay Area law firms and businesses and USF’s many in-house law clinics
- Benefit from individual counseling with faculty and career planning services
- Network with USF alumni mentors who are attorneys practicing in a variety of legal fields, from technology to business and beyond
- Prepare to take the Bar Exam and practice in the U.S., or use your LLM to enhance your expertise and credentials for work in your home country
- Secure housing in the law school’s new residence hall
The program equips students with a sufficient grounding in legal theory and practical skills to pursue gainful employment in the intellectual property field in the United States or abroad. Patent and trademark practitioners are particularly welcomed to apply for admission to our LLM in IP and Technology Law program. The program requires completion of 25 units over two consecutive full-time semesters of study at the USF School of Law (August through May), or may be completed through part-time study with permission of the director.
The program is open to those:
- with first degrees in law
- who have completed in a foreign country the university-based legal education required to take the equivalent of the bar examination in that country
- who are qualified to practice law in a country
- or the equivalent thereof or otherwise deemed sufficiently qualified as determined by our LLM admissions committee