Virtually every financial, business, and organizational decision in modern American life has important tax consequences.
At USF, you will learn the foundations of tax law through our extensive coursework, and delve deeper into advanced topics with leading tax scholars as your faculty.
With an increasing need for specialization in law practice, students can set themselves apart by earning a Tax Law Certificate or a Business Law Certificate. Get a firm grounding in the major areas of taxation with our LLM in Taxation program, which prepares graduates for successful careers in tax law. This program, which can be completed as a JD/LLM in Taxation Dual Degree (or in as little as one semester after earning your JD), expands your knowledge of tax law and encourages networking with established professionals in the field.
Our JD/MBA Dual Degree Program is a four-year program designed to provide law school graduates with an in-depth perspective of corporate business practices, including tax, and the business skills necessary to successfully manage law firms, larger businesses, or nonprofit organizations.
Your education will extend beyond the classroom when you take advantage of our extensive externships program and partnership with world-renowned Andersen Tax.
Few law schools can match the USF School of Law faculty in tax. Our faculty also have authored numerous other books and articles—including leading and bestselling textbooks in federal income tax, corporate tax, partnership tax, and business tax—and have been active in the legislative arena, working closely with both the U.S. Congress and the California Franchise Tax Board.
E.L. Wiegand Distinguished Professor in Tax Daniel Lathrope
- Corporate Taxation
- Federal Income Taxation
- Partnership Taxation
- Dominic Daher is an adjunct professor and expert on federal tax law and accounting issues
- Daniel Lathrope is a leading scholar on individual, corporate, and partnership taxation
- Joshua Rosenberg is an expert on federal income and corporate tax law and the role of human behavior and psychology in the law
- JD/Master of Business Administration
- JD/LLM in Taxation
- Business Law
- Tax Law
- Delanges, Mitchell & Linder LLP
- Franchise Tax Board
- Internal Revenue Service
- Low Income Taxpayer Clinic
- McKesson Corporation
- Tax Appeals Assistance Program
- TechSoup Global
- U.S. Attorney’s Office, Tax Division
- Business Law Association
- Estate Planning and Tax Society
Ranked 3rd best JD tax program and 8th best LLM tax program by Tax Talent