Sports and Entertainment Law
There is a growing need for lawyers with specific expertise in the expanding and intersecting worlds of sports and entertainment. At USF, you’ll gain the knowledge and hands-on experiences that will help you launch a successful career in this field.
Under the guidance of leading scholars in a broad range of courses, students learn the skills necessary to support their clients or teams, whether it is intellectual property, contracts, labor, antitrust, criminal, or tort law, and more. Our courses examine issues relating to professional and amateur sports and athletes, both in the U.S. and internationally.
To complement a world-class classroom education, we encourage students to take advantage of our extensive externships program. With our central location in one of the world’s most dynamic cities, upper-division students have broad access to leading courts, firms, and agencies where they gain useful practical experience and make meaningful professional connections, while earning academic credit.
- Entertainment and Media Law
- Intellectual Property Seminar
- International Intellectual Property
- Patent Licensing and Monetization
- Sports Law
- Peter Harvey is an adjunct professor and expert in trademark, copyright, and unfair competition litigation
- Internet and Intellectual Property Justice Clinic
- Austin Law Group
- Creative Industry Law
- Gagnier Margossian LLP
- Pac-12 Conference
- Screen Actors Guild - American Federation of Television and Radio Artists
- Warner Bros.
- Intellectual Property and Cyber Law Association
- Sports and Entertainment Law Association