Intellectual Property, Technology, and Entrepreneurship Law
Intellectual property law is one of the fastest-growing legal fields, with new technology constantly making the old rules of practice obsolete.
At USF Law, you’ll learn the latest approaches to protecting intellectual creation, discovery, and invention — from copyrights to trademarks and patents.
USF's intellectual property and technology program includes a distinguished faculty, internationally focused curriculum, innovative clinical offerings, as well as vibrant student organizations and a nationally recognized student publication. You’re able to earn a specialized Intellectual Property and Technology Law Certificate.
Through the in-house Internet and Intellectual Property Justice Clinic, you’ll gain hands-on experience providing pro bono legal services related to a variety of intellectual property issues, including copyright and trademark questions. In the Entrepreneurial Ventures Legal Services Project, you provide the legal expertise that many budding entrepreneurs need to launch their businesses successfully.
Mary and I shared ideas and edited assignments as a team, and she gave me a lot of honest and genuine feedback. I also got a lot of practical knowledge and skills. Communicating with clients, opposing counsel, and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office — these are really important skills whether I work for a firm or myself.
Rebecca McClain ’15, Deputy Attorney General, Office of the Indiana Attorney General, who externed at Mary L. Shapiro Law, PC
- Biotechnology Law
- Copyright Law
- Data Privacy (with guided externship)
- Information Privacy Law
- International Intellectual Property
- Internet Law
- Patent Law
- Trademark Law
- Susan Freiwald is a renowned scholar on cyberlaw and information privacy
- Robert Talbot is an expert on intellectual property law and clinic education
- J. Thomas McCarthy is a pre-eminent expert in the intellectual property law
- Intellectual Property and Technology Law
- Entrepreneurial Ventures Legal Services Project
- Internet and Intellectual Property Justice Clinic
- AppDynamics, Inc.
- Duanne Morris LLP
- Gagnier Margossian LLP
- Perkins Croie LLP
- Intellectual Property and Technology Law Journal
- Intellectual Property and Cyber Law Association
- Technology, Entrepreneur, and Startup Law Association