Estate Planning and Family Law
Estate planning and family law leaves a lasting impact on the lives of clients.
At USF, you'll develop the necessary foundation to support parents and children in a range of legal situations, from marriage to non-traditional partnerships, paternity proceedings to child abuse and neglect, and more.
Under the guidance of leading scholars, students begin with the fundamentals and then delve deep into advanced family law issues.
Our very active clinics provide hands-on experiences so you may take a leadership role in cases and learn the problem-solving, strategizing, and advocacy skills you’ll need in your career. Through the Criminal and Juvenile Justice Law Clinic, you’ll represent defendants in juvenile court delinquency proceedings.
"My hands-on experiences in the clinics make me a more valuable hire, as compared to someone who's only had classroom or theoretical experience."
—Jade Quintero '18
- Community Property
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Health Law
- Juvenile Law
- Sexuality Law
- Wills and Trusts
- Julie Nice is a leading scholar on constitutional law, poverty law, and sexuality law
- Criminal and Juvenile Justice Law Clinic
- Delagnes, Mitchell, and Linder LLP
- Family and Children's Law Center
- Family Law Group
- San Francisco Superior Court—Family Division
- Estate Planning and Tax Society
- Family Law Society
- If/When/How: Lawyering for Reproductive Justice
- USF Parents and Advocates Law Student Association