USF Masters Swimming
- If you would like to freeze your membership for this duration, please fill out the pool freeze form. If you freeze your membership, entry and access to the rest of the facility will be suspended for the same period.
- Water Temperature Safety Guide
- The official water temperature required for Olympic swimming competition is 77-82F (25-28C).
- 85F(29.4C) Water feels pleasantly cool rather than warm. 77-82F(25-28C) Swimming pool temperature range for Olympic competition. 70F(21C) Water feels quite cold to most people. Treat any water temperature below 70F (21C) with caution.
- For swimming in both standard competition and the Olympics, FINA mandates a water temperature of between 25 to 28 degrees C, or between 77 and 82 degrees F. For water polo in both standard competition and the Olympics, FINA mandates 26 degrees C, or 79 degrees F, plus or minus one degree.
- Bacteria, algae and other organisms thrive under warm water conditions. This is harmful not just for athletes but the general public in a commercial swimming pool. For competitive pools the water should be no higher than 82°F (28°C), for recreational pools the recommended maximum is 84°F (29°C). The Koret Center pool fits both categories and the pool temperature can not go higher than 83°F.
This is a coached workout by former Olympic Coach Valeriy Boreyko, who strongly works on stroke/technique improvement, endurance training, and preparation for competition. Participants of the Masters Swim Team must tryout with the coach and register with USMS (Masters Swimming).
You are expected to attend 2 practices per week and compete in annual meets. You must be registered with USMS before you can compete in practices and meets.
If you would like to tryout for the masters team you will need to create an online account, choose your tryout, time and pre-pay. Refunds will be given over 24 hours in advance; no refunds if you are within the 24 hour window. For membership, you must register at the Koret Center front desk in person.
Workout Times Summer 2019
- Morning Workouts
- 6-7 a.m.: Medium-Fast Pace
7-8 a.m.: Slow-Medium Pace
8 a.m.-10a.m.: Coached by Kathleen McNamara
- Evening Workouts
- Monday - Friday
6-7:30 p.m.: Medium- Fast Pace, more yardage
Masters Swimming Fees
- Try-out/Drop-in Fee: $25/entry
- Senior: $60.00/month or $565/year
- Individual: $90.00/month or $785/year
- All members must also pay the yearly USMS registration fee.