Canvas supports classroom and online courses by providing teaching and learning resources.
You can access Canvas via your myUSF account at http://myusf.usfca.edu/ 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
After logging in, click Fav Apps and select Canvas from the drop-down menu.
I. Canvas For Faculty:
Quick Guides and Tutorials
Self-Paced and Online Training
- Getting Started in Canvas - This web page contains links to the Canvas Instructor guides. Progressing through the online documents in each module will help you get oriented in Canvas and help you configure your first course.
- Canvas Essentials Online - This online learning module offers a sequential and structured way to setup your Canvas course. Complete with video tutorials, it covers the same material as the Canvas Essentials workshop.
- Canvas Essential Echo 360 Recording - This is an Echo360 lecture capture of the January 14, 2015 Canvas Essentials Workshop. It runs approximately 2 hours. You will need to login with your USF Credentials to access the content.
In Person Training
Register online to attend any of the following classes: http://www.usfca.edu/its/learning/training/register/
- Canvas Essentials - A two hour, hands-on, instructor-led session where participants will explore their own Canvas courses, learn to modify their personal settings, add a course syllabus, add and link to content, and structure their course using pages and modules. Participants will also be introduced to assignments and grading in Canvas.
- Canvas Course Organization and Layout (1.5 hours) - This workshop builds on concepts introduced in the Canvas: Essentials workshop. We will dig deeper into Modules, Pages and Files and how these elements can be used to create a feature-rich course that is organized in an intuitive and logical manner. This workshop will be useful for those tasked with creating department web sites/portals and also for those wanting to add more features to their basic Canvas course. We will also take a look at a few exemplary Canvas courses designs and configurations.
- Gradebook, Quizzes and Surveys (1.5 hours) - Building on what we learned about assignments in the Canvas: Essentials workshop, we will explore how course grades can be managed through the Canvas gradebook and the different ways grades can be displayed and entered into the gradebook. In addition we will learn how to set up a basic Canvas quiz, configuring both the quiz attributes and questions used for the quiz.
- Canvas Open Lab: Open Lab is for instructors to come to ask questions and get more individualized help. Do you have a Canvas question? Come to Canvas Open Lab and work with Canvas Trainers in an open lab environment along side other Canvas users. No appointment is necessary.
II. Canvas For Students:
- USF Canvas Student Page - If you are a student, please refer to this page to quickly get started with Canvas. You will learn how to configure your Canvas environment and participate in your Canvas courses.