- Students have access to hallway phones that are typically located in the middle of the hallway of each wing. ResHall phones can be used for area code 415, local (12-mile radius), 800 number, and Emergency (911, 2911) dialing only. Students who need to dial long distance will need to use either their cell phones or a calling card.
- If needed, students can request a phone for their ResHall room by contacting the ITS Help Desk at 415-422-6668, option 4, or by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include your full name, USF username, Hall building, and Room number with your request.
- Voicemail guide:
- In order to connect your video game console to the USF network, you will need to register your unit with the ITS Help Desk. In order to register your console, you must bring your unit to the Help Desk. Once registered you will (in most cases) not need to re-register if you're living on-campus in future years.
- If you own more than one video game console, each console needs to be registered with the Help Desk in-person (i.e. XBOX 360, Wii, PS3, etc). Please ensure you bring your full console and connection cables including:
- Power adapter
- One controller
- Video connection cable: generally RGB and/or HDMI (Bring the video cord you use when connecting to your TV; if not sure bring both)
Network Access Control
USF uses a Network Access Control system to maintain minimum protection standards in the ResHalls and on our wireless network. Click here for more details on what you need to do to access the ResHall and wireless networks.