This is the fifth and final level in the Accounting Assistant series. The Accounting
Assistant V provides comprehensive accounting support to the department, including
resolving the most complex problems.
Minimum Hire-in Rate
Minimum After Probationary Rate
- Performs complex reconciliation of accounting data.
- Recommends new and/or changes to procedures, methods, and applications of
University policies and accepted accounting practices as required for the
operation of the department.
- May balance and reconcile accounts.
- Reviews accounting/financial data and takes appropriate action according
to specific guidelines or accounting procedures.
- May have supervisory responsibility and/or accountability for the work of
junior level staff members and may train junior level staff members.
- May hire, train, and supervise student assistants.
- May act on behalf of the unit manager in his/her absence.
- Serves on division and university-wide committees.
2. Knowledge & Abilities
In addition to the qualifications outlined in Accounting Assistant I ?
IV, the Accounting Assistant V has the technical knowledge and ability to work
with minimal supervision to perform the most complex accounting reconciliation.
Advanced word processing and spreadsheet skills are required.
3. Education & Experience
Post high school education is preferred. Training or experience equivalent
to five years of increasingly responsible work experience in a senior accounting assistant/bookkeeping