This is the third level in the Accounting Assistant series. Under general supervision,
an Accounting Assistant III performs complex accounting assignments in addition
to duties described in Accounting Assistant I and II.
Minimum Hire-in Rate
Minimum After Probationary Rate
- Analyzes accounts, records, reports and other accounting documents or accuracy,
adequacy, reasonableness, and other proper accounting treatment.
- Requests routine and/or standard reports and may be expected to schedule
- Interprets and explains University policies and procedures to internal
and external constituents on a routine basis.
- Independently checks, assembles, and prepares data for processing.
- Performs routine reconciliation’s and/or edits of accounting data.
- May train junior level staff including student assistants and coordinate
and review their work.
- Other related duties as assigned.
2. Knowledge & Abilities
In addition to the qualifications outlined in Accounting Assistant I and II,
the Accounting Assistant III may be expected to interface with all levels of
the campus community to provide policy interpretations. The ability to identify
errors in complex accounting tasks is necessary. A high level of judgment is
required in applying policies and precedents to unusual situations. Where applicable,
basic word processing and spreadsheet skills are required.
3. Education & Experience
A high school diploma plus three years of accounting or cashiering experience,
or an equivalent combination of training and education.a