View Fromm's History, Facts and Amenities
Renovated in 2003, Fromm Hall is a popular residence halls for women. Offering easy access to the Koret and Library, Fromm is a quiet community not far from the lively center of campus.
Originally known as Xavier Hall, this building was constructed in 1959 and dedicated to Saint Francis Xavier, Spanish apostle to the Indies and one of the founders of the Society of Jesus. Xavier Hall was built as a Jesuit residence and was only converted to student housing in 2003 when the building was renovated and renamed the Alfred and Hanna Fromm Lifelong Learning Center. Framed by two expanses of green lawns and nestled among trees, Fromm is currently the home to the Fromm Institute of Lifelong Learning, X Arts, and Fromm Residence Hall, making it a truly intergenerational learning environment.
Summer Housing Residence in 2015
Fromm Hall will be the residence for summer school students beginning on Saturday, May 23rd at 5:00pm and ending on Saturday, August 15th at 12:00noon. The building's population will be co-ed with single-sex floors for the duration of the summer term.
Facts and Amenities
- First Year Students (Required), Students under 21 years old and w/ less than 60 accumulated units
- Female only
- 200 residents
- 2015-16 changes: First year students (required) ONLY.
- 5 floors
- Doubles, and triples available
- Special Living Option for All Females- Female Community Only, No Male Overnight Guests (Fromm 5)
- 2015-16 changes: Special Living Option discontinued.
- Corner of Parker St and Golden Gate Ave.
- Adjacent to Gleeson Library, St. Ignatius Church, and Koret Health & Recreation Center
- Closest dining facility: The Market Cafe
2497 Golden Gate Avenue, Room #
San Francisco, CA 94118
View University of San Francisco in a larger map
- 24-hr front desk
- Key card required to access building
- Key card and code required to access rooms
- Ethernet ports in each room
- WiFi throughout building
- 3 student lounges
- Kitchen with refrigerator, stovetop, oven, and microwave
- Laundry room (accepts coins and Don Dollars)
- Cable TV connector in each room
- Flat screen TVs in lounges