Pedro Arrupe Residence Hall
Located one mile from USF, Pedro Arrupe allows students to live in a traditional residence hall setting away from campus. This handsome red brick building affords students a safe, secure community to connect with peers and engage in learning.
Originally built for a nurses' residence for the old French Hospital, the Pedro Arrupe building was leased by USF in 2000 to serve as a student residence hall. This residence hall was named Pedro Arrupe, in honor of the former Superior General of the Society of Jesus. In addition to being the first Superior General to visit USF, Fr. Pedro Arrupe is also known for his missionary work in Japan and his heroic assistance to the victims of the Hiroshima bombing. Pedro Arrupe Hall is a handsome red brick building is located on 6th Avenue, across from the Richmond Police Station and adjacent to Kaiser Permanente French Campus. Even though it is one mile from campus, two nearby bus routes afford students an easy commute to USF. Despite its off-campus location, Pedro Arrupe operates as a traditional residence where students can live in a safe, secure community with their peers.
Facts and Amenities
- 20 year olds and 21+ students
- Male and female residents
- 90 residents
- 4 floors, each floor is single-sex
- Singles and doubles available
- 6th Ave., between Geary Ave. and Anza St.
- One mile from campus
- Nearest bus routes: 31 Balboa, 38 Geary, 33 Stanyan, 5 Fulton
- 24-hour front desk
- Key card required to access building
- Key required to access rooms
- WiFi throughout building
- 2 student lounges
- Kitchen with refrigerators, stovetop, oven, and microwaves
- Laundry room (accepts coins and Don Dollars)
- Cable TV connector in each room
- Flat screen TVs with surround sound in lounge
- Gaming systems in lounge (Xbox 360, Wii)
- Pool Table
Student Housing and Residential Education (SHaRE)
Mon. - Fri. 8:30 a.m - 5 p.m.
2130 Fulton St.
San Francisco, CA 94117-1045 SHaRE@usfca.edu (415) 422-6824 (415) 422-2480
490 6th Avenue, Room # San Francisco, CA 94118