Lone Mountain Residence Hall
Situated on the crest of a hill, Lone Mountain overlooks the USF campus and offers students spectacular views of the surrounding areas, including the Golden Gate Bridge, Marin Headlands, and Farallon Islands.
Originally purchased in 1860 by Joseph Alemany, the first archbishop of San Francisco, the grounds of Lone Mountain were developed into a cemetery. By 1930, the buried bodies were removed to other cemeteries and the land was acquired by an order of Catholic nuns, the Religious of the Sacred Heart, who contracted the construction of the Spanish Gothic building and Spanish Steps that exist today. This structure was completed in 1932 and became the San Francisco College for Women, which provided college education for women until 1969. In that year, the college became co-educational and changed its name to Lone Mountain College. Facing financial problems, Lone Mountain College closed in 1978 and was purchased by USF, marking a significant expansion of the USF campus.
Facts and Amenities
- Male and female residents
- 300 residents
- Lone Mountain Main: First year, transfer, and continuing students
- Lone Mountain North: 7 floors, single-sex and co-ed floors
- Singles and doubles available
- Permanently lofted beds on second and third floors of LM North
- Please note: Triples will not be offered during the 2020-2021 academic year
- Turk St., between Masonic and Parker St.
- Closest dining facility: Outtakes Cafe
- 24-hour front desk
- Key card required to access residential floors
- Key card and code required to access rooms
- WiFi throughout building
- 4 student lounges
- Laundry room (laundry services are free to residents)
- 2 kitchens, each with refrigerator, stovetop, oven, and microwave
- The communal kitchen in this residence hall will be closed during Fall 2020 in alignment with health and safety guidelines.
- Cable TV connector in each room
- Flat screen TVs in lounges
330 Parker Avenue, Room # San Francisco, CA 94118
2800 Turk Blvd San Francisco, CA 94118