Students applying for on-campus housing may refer to the documents below for more information on logging into USFrooms, creating a profile, selecting a room, and more.
Housing and Meal Plan rates vary for each Academic Year and per Room Type. Amounts may increase or decrease as established by USF each year. You can check out the rates here!
Traditional Style Residence Halls:
- Single Rooms: 1 person in 1 bedroom
There are single room spaces in Lone Mountain, Pacific Wing, and Pedro Arrupe.
- Double Rooms: 2 people in 1 bedroom
This is the standard size room
- Triple Rooms: 3 people in 1 bedroom
Standard Double Rooms with additional furniture for the 3rd person. Each person has their own bed & desk and dressers. Closets/Armoires are shared.
Note that there are no "Single/Studio" Apartments available. Each unit houses at least 2 students.
- Type 1 Double Room: A shared double room in a 3bedroom/2bath unit where the bedroom is smaller than 130sq ft
- Type 2 Double Room: A shared double room located in a 2bedroom/1bath unit or any shared studio unit, or any double room that is larger than 130sq ft and smaller than 150sq ft.
- Type 3 Double Room: A shared double room that has a bathroom dedicated to that room or is larger than 150sq ft.
Each unit in Loyola Village in unique.
Note that NEW students ONLY should submit the pre-payment. Please use one of the following methods to submit payment:
1. Student Online payment with e-check
Log into myUSF, then click on the View & Pay link in the Quick Links on the right. In the Your Account section, click on the Make Payment link. Click on Web Housing Deposit. Next, confirm the payment amount of $300 and select the term for which you are applying for housing. Click the Add to Charges to Pay button.
2. Guest Online Payment
Go to www.usfca.edu/guestpay. Click on "GuestPay" and follow the detailed instructions.
For questions about payment, contact the One Stop Office:
Tel: (415) 422-2020
3. Pre-Payment Waiver
If you would like to request a pre-payment waiver, email Student Housing and Residential Education (SHaRE) at email@example.com. Make sure to include your full name and USF student ID number in your email.
If you have financial concerns or difficulties, please email Student Housing and Residential Education (SHaRE) at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a Housing Pre-Payment Waiver. Make sure to include your full name and USF ID number.
You will apply for an exemption through USFrooms.
All new undergraduate students admitted for Fall 2014, with 40 or fewer transfer credits will be required to live on campus for their first two semesters of enrollment at USF. Required students who do not want to live on campus may apply for an exemption for any of the following reasons:
- Medical needs
- Financial needs
- Family member resides within 40 miles of USF and you will live with them
Students who are not required to live on campus do not need to request an exemption. If you are not sure if you are required to live on-campus, please contact Student Housing and Residential Education (SHaRE) at email@example.com or (415) 422-6824.
ACADEMIC YEAR 2014-2015 (August through May)
The dates of occupancy for the 2014-15 Academic Year are as follows:
1. Fall Semester: Saturday, August 16, 2014 to 24 hours after the Student’s last final exam OR noon on Saturday, December 13, 2014, whichever comes first.
2. Intersession and Spring Semester: noon on Thursday, January 1, 2015 to 24 hours after the Student’s last final exam OR noon on Saturday, May 16, 2015, whichever comes first. Move-in day for New Student admits is January 17, 2015. Students participating in commencement ceremonies are permitted to stay until noon on Sunday, May 17, 2015, and must contact their Residence Director to ensure clearance.
3. Exceptions to the above dates must be requested in advance, in writing and approved by the Director of SHARE or designee. Students authorized to check-in prior to the agreement period of occupancy may be assessed additional daily room charges.
4. All University-operated housing facilities are closed during the Winter Break period. Residents are not permitted to enter between noon on Saturday, December 13, 2014 through noon on Thursday, January 1, 2015. Make sure to take all travel documents, identification and medications with you as you will not be able to access your room space until the dates and times indicated.
Students who are admitted for the fall semester as new freshmen or transfer students with fewer than 40 credits are required to live on campus and guaranteed a space in the residence halls.
For students who are new freshmen or transfer students with fewer than 40 credits and starting in the spring semester, a space on campus cannot be guaranteed. Those students are given top priority for housing assignments and are very likely to be housed on-campus, but because we cannot guarantee them a space, they are not required to live on-campus.