Director of Clinical Training, Clinical Psychology PsyD Program, Associate Professor
Dr. Malamud obtained a PhD in Clinical Psychology from the APA-accredited Clinical Psychology doctoral program at Alliant International University, California School of Professional Psychology, in San Francisco. Dr. Malamud is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist in California, with training and experience in school psychology and neuropsychology, with an emphasis on providing culturally sensitive assessment and psychotherapy services to diverse, underserved clients. During her postdoctoral fellowship at Portia Bell Hume Center in Fremont she received the Alliant Clinical Psychology Educational Stipend funded through the Mental Health Services Act to promote public mental health in California.
Dr. Malamud has taught graduate courses in quantitative research methods, statistics, psychological assessment, clinical and ethical issues, psychopathology, and substance use disorders. Dr. Malamud is a peer reviewer for a child neuropsychology journal. Her research has focused on resiliency and on developing a multicultural model for neuropsychological assessment of children with neurodevelopmental disabilities.
- Neuropsychological assessment
- Statistics and psychometrics
- Clinical child psychology
- Multicultural neuropsychological assessment
- Resiliency development in youth
- Power dynamics, gender, and social support
- Alliant International University, California School of Professional Psychology, PhD in Clinical Psychology, 2015
- California State University East Bay, MS in Clinical Child/School Psychology, 2009
- California State University East Bay, BA in Liberal Studies & Psychology, 2006
- University of California Berkeley Extension, Certificate in Alcohol and Drug Abuse Studies, 2003
- Adjunct Faculty for Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program, Alliant University
- Lecturer in School Psychology Program, California State University East Bay -School Psychologist, Oakland Unified School District
- School Psychologist, Oakland Unified School District
- Malamud Ozer, Y. (Ed.). (2012). A student guide to health: Understanding the facts, trends, and challenges. Santa Barbara, CA: Greenwood.
- Reevy, G. M., Malamud Ozer, Y., & Ito, Y. (2010). Encyclopedia of emotion. Santa Barbara, CA: Greenwood