Nur Yavuz is in the architectural education for 10 years sharing her experience as a practicing architect -New York, Athens and Istanbul- with her students. She led Basic Design and Graduation Studios, aswell as courses on Drawing, Architecture and Cinema and Representation of Time and Space. Her students' work was exhibited in Istanbul Design Biennial, Izmir Archeology Museum and students she has consulted won awards in respectable competitions in Turkey. Nur led many workshops on Psychogeography and Body-Space Awareness. Being a yoga, meditation and dance facilitator she is searching ways to bring embodiment practices -and consciousness- into architectural education and production.
Nur Yavuz has co-founded Anatolian Arts Institute in 2022 as an interdisciplinary platform to start international cultural cooperation and acknowledgment on diverse arts, culture and people of Anatolia through events, research and educational activities.
- Architectural design
- Residential typography
- Exhibition and performance spaces
- Public space and interventions
- Gender and space
- Anatolian arts and architecture
- Bilkent University, MFA in Graphic Design, 2001
- Middle East Technical University, BA in Architecture, 1998
- Co-Founder, Anatolian Arts Institute
- Full-time Faculty in Architecture, Gediz University, Izmir, Turkey
- Part-time Faculty in Architecture, Yasar University
- Part-time Faculty in Architecture, Izmir University of Economics
- MITA 2015 Architectural Design Research Symposium, "Analogy as a Learning Method in the Basic Design Studio: Biomimesis,” 2016, Ozyegin University, Istanbul, Turkey