Natalie Greene is a multidisciplinary performing artist and artistic director of the award-winning devised theater ensemble Mugwumpin. Her work for the company has been produced by Z Space, Intersection for the Arts, San Francisco Airport, Children's Fairyland, and Pro Arts Gallery. As a choreographer and intimacy director, Natalie has worked with California Shakespeare Theater, Portland Center Stage, Custom Made Theater, Aurora Theater, Shotgun Players, Stanford University, and more. Her dance theater choreography has been seen at ODC Theater, Dance Mission Theater, California Academy of Sciences, Minnesota Street Project, San Francisco City Hall, and in flash mobs throughout San Francisco.
Natalie is a passionate advocate for socially conscious arts education, intergenerational performance, and interdisciplinary collaboration. Her research focuses on ethical means and specific tactics for bringing people together for embodied creative experiences that build a culture of consent.
- Dance - Contemporary, Jazz, Musical Theater
- Theater - Original, Devised, Immersive
- Collaboration - Context, Consent, Closure
- Original Performance
- Program Coordinator, Theater Program.
- Director & Choreographer, Dance Generators.
- Director & Coordinator, Minds in Motion Peru Immersion Program.
- Arizona State University, BFA in Dance (Choreography Concentration), Spanish Minor. 2003.
- Artistic Director, Mugwumpin.
- Artist-in-Residence, San Francisco Arts Education Project.
- Lecturer, San Francisco State University.
- Faculty, ODC School
Awards & Distinctions
College of Arts & Sciences, College Service Award, 2015
USF Faculty Association, Part-Time, Distinguished Adjunct Teaching Award, 2018
Community-Engaged Scholars Research Group, 2015