Dr Nancy Selix is an international speaker, researcher, and publisher author on the topics of maternal mental health, transgender care, and women's health. She is passionate about these areas of healthcare and has numerous publications, podium presentations, webinars, and research projects on these topics.
Dr Selix teaches healthcare policy and ethics and scholarly writing in the School of Nursing and Health Professions for doctoral students. Additionally, she has a thriving clinical practice and mentors nurse practitioner students in the clinical setting.
- Clinical care in mental health
- Transgender care
- Women's health
- Perinatal mental health
- Transgender care
- USSFA Policy Board Representative 2020-2023
- Chair Simulation Committee 2015-2017; 2020-2021
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties, Chair Sexual and Reproductive Health Special Interest Group 2016-2021
- Post-DNP, Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Practitioner, University of San Francisco
- DNP, , University of San Francisco
- MSN, Nurse-Midwifery, Emory University
- FNP Certificate, Georgia Southern University
- Baccalaureate, Nursing, Georgia Southwestern University
- ADN, Abraham Baldwin College
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Georgia Southern University
- Assistant Professor, School of Nursing and Health Professions USF
- Clinical Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner , Silicon Valley TMS, San Francisco
- Clinical Nurse Practitioner, Genentech South San Francisco
- Clinical Nurse-Midwife, Women's medical Associates
Awards & Distinctions
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties, Outstanding Service Award (national)
- Selix, N & Waryold, J. (2021) Comprehensive textbook of simulation in healthcare: Nursing. Chapter, Simulation for certified nurse-midwifery and women's and gender related health care nurse practitioner students. Elsevier. In press.
- Fraino, J. & Selix N. (2021). Preparing psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners for clinical practice. Journal for Nurse Practitioners. Accepted, in press, July, 2021.
- Goyal, D. & Selix, N. (2021). Impact of COVID-19 on maternal mental health. Maternal Child Nursing.
- Chen, H., Selix, N., & Nosek, M. (2020). Perinatal anxiety and depression during COVID-19. Journal for Nurse Practitioners.
- Waxman, K., Rowniak, S., Donnovan, J., & Selix, N. (2020) Using simulation to provide culturally competent care to transgender and gender nonconforming patients. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, 47. 48-51.
- Selix, N. Cotler, K., & Behnke L. (2020) Clinical care for the aging LGBT population. Requested submission. Journal for Nurse Practitioners.16(5).349-354.
- Selix, N. (2019). A toolkit on patient centered transgender care for NP faculty and clinicians. Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 15(7).502-507.