Prior to teaching at USF, Michael Gilleran held several positions in the Bay Area sports community, serving as the director of athletics at Archbishop Riordan High School in San Francisco, the executive director of the Santa Clara University for sport law and ethics, and as the commissioner of the West Coast Conference and a member of the NCAA Enforcement Department. Mr. Gilleran now serves as a consultant to the USF Athletic Department and teaches Sport Law at the San Francisco campus. Mike was also a collegiate basketball student-athlete at Seattle University and played professionally in France.
- BA, Journalism, Seattle University, 1971
- Juris Doctor, Seattle University, 1975
- Washington State Bar Examination
- Director of Athletics, Archbishop Riordan High School, San Francisco
- Executive Director, Santa Clara University Institute for Sports Law and Ethics
- Commissioner, West Coast Conference