Kyoko Suda is director of the Asian Languages program and received her BA in History from Keio University in Tokyo, Japan. She received her first MA in Teaching English as a Second Language, and her second MA in Teaching Japanese as a Second Language from San Francisco State University. Dr. Suda received her Doctorate in Education at the University of San Francisco in December of 2003.
She also holds a license to teach Japanese Tea Ceremony (Omote Senke). Her areas of specialization are second language acquisition, computer assisted language learning, and Japanese Linguistics. She has taught at UC Berkeley, Stanford University, and the City College of San Francisco.
- Second language acquisition
- Computer assisted language learning
- Japanese Linguistics
- Doctorate, Education, University of San Francisco
- MA, Teaching Japanese as a Second Language, San Francisco State University
- MA, Teaching English as a Second Language, San Francisco State University
- BA, History, Keio University in Tokyo, Japan