Our program is fully accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC).
The MATR student learning outcomes include:
- Critically evaluate and apply current research in literacy learning and instruction
- Select and conduct literacy assessments and interpret results for instructional planning and intervention
- Plan, enact and monitor formal literacy instruction that recognizes student assets and addresses student needs in 1:1, small group and whole group settings
- Develop pedagogical and relational strategies for working with dual language learners and students from communities most affected by injustice
- Gain experience in providing peer coaching and professional development