San Francisco Teacher Residency – Master's Program with Credential
The San Francisco Teacher Residency prepares and supports new teachers to improve academic achievement and social emotional development for students in San Francisco. Since 2010, SFTR has prepared nearly 150 aspiring teachers to work in high-needs schools within the San Francisco Unified School District. A remarkable 89% of SFTR grads are still teaching in SFUSD!
Currently we are not accepting applications.
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students
- A master’s degree from the University of San Francisco
- Tuition remission at USF
- A California Teaching Credential
- Coaching support during your first 2 years of teaching
- Health care benefits
- A network of colleagues dedicated to student excellence
- Career opportunities within the San Francisco Unified School District
- A 15,000 cost of living stipend
- Desire to work hard to improve equity and access for our children
- Interest in teaching as a profession
- Commitment to teaching in a high-needs school in San Francisco
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school
- Complete the CSET and CBEST exams
- Must be a candidate for a secondary math or science, or elementary multiple subjects credential. Students also have the option to pursue Spanish bilingual authorization certification.