As a practice, the School of Education takes a holistic approach to reviewing applications. We assess each applicant with balanced consideration, looking at their life experiences, personal attributes, and academic metrics. We also evaluate how applicants may contribute to the school and to their chosen field.
The School of Education has application requirements that pertain to all students and certain programs. Please refer to the sections below for information about your program’s requirements.
- Completed online application with non-refundable $55 application fee.
- One set of unofficial transcripts from each university/college previously attended. For U.S. applicants, the degree must be from a regionally accredited university/college. An applicant with a pending degree must provide official verification of expected degree completion from institution's Registrar or school official. An undergraduate degree is required to apply to a master's program. A master's degree is required to apply for a doctoral program. Please note: if admitted you will need to submit official transcripts prior to enrolling.
- Applicants must have earned their Bachelor's and/or Masters' degrees from a regionally accredited institution. They must provide a background of academic preparation and/or professional experience that demonstrates their ability to pursue graduate level programs.
- MA and Credential applicants: Recommended GPA of 2.75; Doctoral applicants: Recommended GPA of 3.0 from a graduate program
- Two current, signed letters of recommendation, noting suitability for graduate work.
- Current résumé.
- A Statement of Intent — Applicants should address the following prompt in their application: Outline the purpose for seeking admission to the specific School of Education graduate program being chosen; include career and academic goals.