Catholic Educational Leadership Advanced Studies Certificate
The Certificate of Advanced Study in Catholic Educational Leadership is a 15-unit program specifically designed for Catholic school leaders who already have a master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education. Those whose degree is in educational administration from a secular university would gain a distinctly Catholic perspective. Those whose master’s degree is in a subject area other than educational administration would receive preparation in essential areas of educational administration within a Catholic school context. and processes that should be present in mission-driven, program effective, well-managed, and responsibly governed Catholic schools that operate in concert with the defining characteristics. The standards address four domains: Mission and Catholic Identity, Governance and Leadership, Academic Excellence, and Operational Vitality.
- Faculty formation in Catholic Education Summer 2020 [Domain II :Governance & Leadership]
- History & Principles of Catholic Education. Summer 2020 [Domain I: Mission & Catholic Identity]
- Building Culturally Responsive Catholic Schools. Summer 2020 [Domain III Academic Excellence]
- Mission & Development in Catholic Schools Spring 2021 [Domain IV: Operational Vitality]
- Plus one elective chosen in discussion with adviser