Program Learning Outcomes
The Educational Technology master's program has five program outcomes.
Upon completion of the MA in Educational Technology students will be able to:
- Using knowledge of human cognition, multimedia learning theory, and digital design principles, students will plan and create multimedia instructional materials that enhance their professional or educational practice.
- Students will create products (radio-style audio story and a multimedia screencast) that demonstrate their skills at multimedia production.
- Create a ready-to-implement course or unit re-design based on a blueprint plan that details scope and sequence, formative and summative assessments, plans for feedback, and a clear protocol for communication and workflow via a LMS. The re-design must transfer a traditional course, unit, or program to a flipped, blended, 1:1, or completely online environment.
- Students will design and create a professional website that will serve as their connection hub with other educational professionals. The website will include a blog, a multimedia gallery, a teaching philosophy statement, teaching/professional background, and relevant social sharing links.
- Students will apply design thinking to address issues of social justice within the field of educational technology.
- Students will create their professional identity, connect with other educational technology leaders, and reflect on their learning and practice as an educator in the digital age.