Top Reasons to Choose USF's South Bay MFT Program
- Being in the heart of Silicon Valley, our students are immersed in an energetic community with students from rich cultural experiences across the country. We are dreaming forward with all of you!
- Our faculty and staff are committed to equity and inclusion—understanding the diverse experience of our students to include first-generation students, student parents, Dreamers, LGBTQ community, expanded families, and YOU!
- We value self-care for our students, and we are here to provide one-on-one support through your MFT journey.
- USF's South Bay programs are on the front lines of social justice counseling practices, expanding research, best practices, and bringing USF to vulnerable populations across the Bay.
- We are educating a new generation of clinicians in the 21st century.
- Our South Bay MFT program offers a schedule designed to help the working adult. Classes take place in fall, spring, and summer semesters. Classes meet one weekday from 4–10 p.m. and some Saturdays (an average of two Saturdays per month).
- Our three-year program meets the academic requirements of the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) and is designed to provide students with the skills necessary to provide counseling services to children, adults, couples, and families in a variety of settings.
- Our students are eligible to pursue an MFT license upon completion of program requirements; they are eligible to pursue the Professional Clinical Counselor (PCC) license with successful completion of additional fieldwork requirements.