Department Chair: John Koeplin Ph.D.
Accounting is the language of business. An in-depth knowledge of accounting helps individuals understand what is happening inside a business. A solid background in accounting is essential for successful careers in the business world.
Students with a major in accounting are well prepared for a variety of careers in public accounting, private industry and government. USF accounting majors are actively recruited by all major CPA firms, large San Francisco Bay Area industrial organizations and governmental agencies.
Program Learning Outcomes
It is expected that Accounting majors upon graduation will be able to:
- Use terminology of accounting
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles to business transactions
- Prepare external financial statements
- Analyze external financial statements
- Identify and analyze financial information to make effective managerial decisions
- Identify the ethical and professional responsibilities of an accountant
Please review course descriptions and necessary prerequisites for courses within your major.
The McLaren School of Management continually updates its curriculum to satisfy the latest AACSB requirements and to assure that its students receive the full experience of studying at an excellent liberal arts and sciences university. Recognizing our students as individuals with unique interests and talents, the faculty have designed the business curriculum to support the focus and breadth each individual student requires. Course requirements are divided into the following areas:
- University Core Curriculum
- General Electives
- Business Core Curriculum and Foundation Coursework
- Major Courses (listed below)
Accounting Major Courses
Required Courses (12 UNITS)
- BUS 320 - Intermediate Accounting I
- BUS 321 - Intermediate Accounting II
- BUS 429 - Contemporary Accounting Topics
Select 8 units from following:
Monday–Friday 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m. and Saturdays by appointment
Lone Mountain, Second Floor
2130 Fulton Street
San Francisco, CA 94117 email@example.com (415) 422-6563