Major in Psychology Honors Program
Students majoring in psychology may be eligible to graduate with the designation Honors in Psychology.
- GPA in psychology and overall GPA are 3.5 or higher.
- Completion of PSYC 498 Thesis Development Seminar and 499 Honors Thesis Seminar.
- Oral presentation
PSYC 498 and PSYC 499 are a two-course sequence for high achieving and highly motivated psychology majors, which will give them hands-on experience in generating, conducting, analyzing and communicating the results of empirical psychological research. The program is completed in the following sequence:
- PSYC 498, proposal development and IRB application (Spring, junior year)
- PSYC 499, data gathering and thesis writing (Fall, senior year)
- oral presentation (Spring, senior year)
Honors Program in the Humanities
All Psychology students are eligible to apply for participation in the Honors Program in the Humanities.