Major in International Studies with International Economics Functional Track
Students that choose the International Economics track will study these issues, look at the empirical data and learn about answers economists have to these questions. This track providesa solid foundation in the economic side of international studies.
16 units - and the Major in International Studies requirements
- ECON 111 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 112 Principles of Macroeconomics
Electives (2 courses)
- ECON 311 Intermediate Microeconomics *
- ECON 312 Intermediate Macroeconomics *
- ECON 318 Game Theory *
- ECON 370 International Economics
- ECON 372 Economic Development
- ECON 471 International Finance
- ECON 473 Development Microeconomics
- ECON 476 Natural Resource Economics and Development Policy
- ECON 477 International Political Economy
- ECON 478 Population and Labor Economics
- ECON 479 Advanced Topics in International Economics
- POLS 345 Global Economic Justice
- POLS 450 Political Economy of Developing Nations
* Of the two courses required in category II, students may take only one of these courses (ECON 311, 312, and 318). Note that some of the courses in Category II require prerequisites.
Note: By selecting three (3) Economics courses from the list, (including ECON 311 or 312) students earn an Economics minor.