Health Studies Interdisciplinary Minor
University Center, Room 525
2130 Fulton St.
San Francisco, CA 94117
Telephone: (415) 422-6448
Fax: (415) 422-5680
The Minor in Health Studies requires 20 credits. All students take courses from Groups A, B, And C, but requirements differ depending upon the major. See the notes below.
- RHET - 111 Public Speaking for the Health Professions
- PSYC - 322 Health Psychology
- PSYC - 270 Biological Psychology
- SOC - 319 Health and Environment
- ESS - 315 Exercise Psychology
- ESS - 325 Exercise and Disease Prevention
- ESS - 330 Exercise and Health Promotion
- ESS - 360 Exercise and Healthy Kids
- BIOL - 100 Science of Life
- BIOL - 103 Human Biology
- BIOL - 105 General Biology I
- BIOL - 106 General Biology II
- BIOL - 113 Human Anatomy
- BIOL - 115 Survey of Human Physiology
- BIOL - 134 Microbiology
- Biology majors take two courses from Group C, and either two courses from Group A or B, and then one course from the remaining Group.
- ESS majors take two courses from Group A, two courses from Group C, and one course from Group B.
- Other majors take two courses from each of any two groups of A, B, and C, and one course from the remaining Group.
- Check all course prerequisites. Students who do not have all prerequisite for ESS courses may be able to take the courses with instructor consent.