University Adviser, Director of Academic Success and Enrichment Programs
Areas of Interest:
- Intrusive Academic Advising/Coaching Interventions:.
- Academic coaching for students on Academic Probation.
- Academic coaching for students struggling with classes (motivational issues and time management problems, etc.).
- Academic coaching for students withdrawing from classes.
- Academic coaching for students taking a leave of absence or returning from leave of absence.
- Academic advocacy and coaching for students with incomplete
grades, classroom etiquette experiences, including communicating with
your professor, etc..
- Academic advocacy and coaching for students who are struggling
with personal issues such as death or sickness of family member, mental
health issues, and other crisis related issues.
- General academic planning and gpa calculation.
- Coaching undeclared students with major exploration.
- Many years experience working with first-generation, low-income, and underrepresented students.
Year Started at USF: 2005
Hometown: born and raised in Michigan, Indiana, and Iowa - a true midwesterner
- Bachelor of Science - Ball State University (Munice, Indiana), Speech Communications major.
- Master of Science - Indiana State University (Terre Haute, Indiana), Counseling, College Student Personnel Administration
- National Academic Advising Association
- I was also very actively involved with Association of College Unions International (ACUI) in my previous positions.
- I enjoy watching movies, reading, walking my dog, kayaking, traveling, shopping, spending time with family and friends..
- During college I spontaneously took off for Europe for 6 weeks during the summer by myself and loved every minute of it!.
- I can shop for hours, when I'm with my sisters and mom, we shop about 6-8 hours per day when we are together!.
- I am a member of the Jane Austen Society - I love Jane Austen's work!.
- Favorite sports teams: Chicago Cubs, Indianapolis Colts, SF Giants, Boston Red Sox, SF 49ers.
- I have run in two full marathons (Chicago and Dallas) and 3 half marathons (Indianapolis, Columbus, and San Francisco).
- I'm currently a volunteer at the SF SPCA with their Animal Assistance Therapy Program.
Email: Sara Solloway
Phone: (415) 422-6742