Academic Success Coach, Director of Developmental and Exploratory Advising Programs
Areas of Interest
- Exploratory Advising
- Undeclared Students
- Change of Program Students
- Appreciative / Intrusive Advising
- Academic Probation Students
- Early Alert Students
- Late Withdrawal Students
- Students Earning D's and F's
- School of Management Student Development
- Career Development
Year Started at USF: 2007
Hometown: Chicago, IL (Northwest Suburbs)
- BA, Psychology and Economics, Indiana University - Bloomington (with Liberal Arts and Management Certificate and Spanish Minor)
- MA, Higher Education and Student Affairs, The Ohio State University - Columbus
- National Academic Advising Association
- National Career Development Association
- I have been dancing since I was four years old. I discovered a new practice called Biodanza when I moved to San Francisco and attend class every week
- I love to read and am the organizer of a women’s book club in the city. You can check out some of my favorite books here.
- I was raised as an only child, but I have five older half brothers and sisters from my dad's previous marriage.
- I have been a Grey's Anatomy fan since it started and also enjoy watching Parenthood and Chuck.
- Blogging is one of my creative outlets outside of work. Visit careerintuition.blogspot.com to check out some of my posts.
- I teach a 1 cr. elective course called INTD 053 Exploring Majors and Careers.
- My Myers-Briggs preferences are ENFP, my Holland Codes are SAI, and my top Strengthsquest themes are Strategic, Individualization, Learner, Communication, Achiever, and Woo (Winning Others Over)!
Why Did I Become an Academic Success Coach?:
I had some really powerful mentors who encouraged and empowered me to go after my dreams. My passion is to inspire students to go after their dreams, so that they can experience all that life has to offer and make a positive difference in the world!
My Advice for Students:
- Life is too short to spend it living solely to meet others' expectations.
- Envision what you would like your legacy to be when you die and live each day of your life working towards that.
- It is never too late to change. Every moment is a new opportunity to pause, take a breath, and start anew!
Email: Kimberly Knowles
Phone: (415) 422-2628
Schedule an Appointment: (415) 422-5050
My Weekly Drop-In Hours: Thursdays 3 – 5 p.m., Phelan Hall Lobby
Visit me during Office Hours!